• Willkommen auf Traumfeuer.com!
    Registriere Dich kostenlos und mach mit bei Fanart, Fanfiction, RPGs, Rollenspielen und Diskussionen zu Serien/Filmen/Kino

[Grey's Anatomy] - The survival of the fittest (Wettbewerbsbeitrag)

Summer_Breeze

1.000er-Club
Wettbewerbsbeitrag in Runde #26 "Was wäre, wenn es nie so gekommen wäre?"

Fandom: Grey's Anatomy
Titel: "The survival of the fittest"
Disclaimer: Mir gehört nichts davon.
Erklärung: Die Anfänger arbeiten schon seit zwei Wochen im SGH. Derek ist mit Addison verheiratet und wohnt in NY, aber Webber hat ihn wegen eines schwierigen Falles nach Seattle geholt.
Wörter: 1'766
Writer's comment: Eine meiner ersten FFs auf Englisch, seid also bitte nicht zu hart zu mir und verzeiht mir meine unzähligen Grammatikfehler! Wahrscheinlich habe ich beim dreihundersten Durchlesen noch immer nicht gefunden :S Eigentlich handelt es sich wohl eher um ein Drehbuch, als um eine FF, denn sie besteht hauptsächlich aus direkter Rede. Das liegt wahrscheinlich daran, dass ich die Szenen direkt vor Augen hatte. So und jetzt genug des Guten, viel Spass beim Lesen

The survival of the fittest​

“The survival of the fittest”, that’s what Darwin said. If you work at the Seattle Grace Hospital, you’ll know I’m seriously. If you want to survive, there’ll be five rules. Memorize them.

“Thanks for coming, you must be busy...” Webber said and stepped into the entrance.
“Don’t mind. I like Seattle. It’s rainy”, the doctor joked and followed the older man.
“So what’s New York like?” they arrived the elevator and entered.
“Lovely, it’s absolutely lovely. I’ve always loved the city”, the younger man answered and smiled friendly. He knew exactly what Webber had been asking for but he didn’t want to talk about this again.
“I know. You love the ferryboats, don’t you?” the Chief mumbled.
“Seattle has ferryboats too”, another voice said and both men turned around.
“Excuse me?” the ferryboat-fan asked but just as the doors opened the voice’s owner left.
“I’m sorry, that was Dr Grey, one of our interns” Chief Webber explained, “And uhm... how’s Addison doing?” Chief Webber asked then.
“Good” the other man answered but he thought about that intern, “how’s Adele?”
The older man began laughing and stepped out the elevator, “fine, Derek, she’s fine”

“Oh my gosh, have you already heard it?” Izzie asked and sat to her friends.
“I don’t know, Dr Barbie, you’d probably tell us what you are talking about”, the Asian intern answered nerved.
“Come on Cristina, you know exactly what I’m talking about – Derek Shepherd’s here”, Dr Barbie said.
“Derek who?”, George wanted to know. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up. They already hate you, that's not going to change.
“Idiot”, Alex mumbled.
“Seriously where have you studied?” Cristina asked.
“Shut up”, Meredith said to both of them.
“Whatever, Derek Shepherd is the world’s best neurologist ever! And he came here from New York to teach us”, Izzie explained and smiled, “isn’t it amazing?”
“Yeah, amazing”, Alex mumbled again and continued eating.
“Did you say New York?” Meredith asked.
“I did. Why are you asking?” Izzie replied and looked to her colleague.
“Uhm… I was just wondering where he’s working”, Dr Grey fibbed. Fortunately George, Izzie and Alex had been paged so they didn’t inquired. Traumas protocol, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run. A run. That's rule number two.

“Why are you interested in Shepherd?” Cristina wanted to know after the others had left.
“I’m not” Meredith refused.
“You are. Have you met him?” Cristina tried again.
“No, Cristina, I haven’t met him and I am not interested” Dr Grey repeated.
“You’re a bad liar. So when did you meet him? Last night?” the Asian bantered.
“Haha.. Do you really think I’d tell you if I had slept with him?” Meredith passed back.
“And do you really want me to answer that question?” Cristina mumbled.
“Okay okay… you won” Grey accommodated “I met him on the elevator this morning. He was talking with Webber and I said something stupid about ferryboats”
“Seriously?” the brunette smirked “is he good-looking?”
“I don’t know” Meredith fibbed again.
“He must be hot” Cristina said “is he hot and dreamy?”
“You’d better shut up now” Meredith advised her colleague.
“Have fun at the emergency” Yang said ironically.
“You too” Grey answered and sighted. Yes, she’d been a little bit jealous. While Cristina could learn from Burke, she sat at the emergency and waited for a patient.

Meredith trod the elevator while she was studying some patients’ dossier and didn’t notice who already had been there.
“Seattle has ferryboats?”Dr Shepherd asked and smirked.
She looked up surprised and regretted immediately that she hadn’t taken the stairs.
“Yes, Seattle is surrounded by water on three sides” she explained in a friendly way.
“Looks like I’m going to like that city. I wasn’t planning on liking it here, I'm from New York, and genetically engineered to dislike everywhere except Manhattan. But I do have a thing for ferryboats."
“You really don’t have to do this. Look, I’m sorry. I usually don’t disturb while people are talking” Meredith clarified.
“I don’t have to do what?” Derek asked confused.
“Doing that small-talk thing and trying to re-embarrass me” she said but before he could answer, both had been paged.
“Emergency” Meredith sighted.
“No, Mr Johnson” Dr Shepherd explained.
“Who?” Meredith asked confused
“My patient. I’ve chosen you” he answered and told her to follow him. Number three, you are grunts, nobodies, the bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, and work every second night until you drop. And you do not complain.

Meredith was astonished he had chosen her but there was no time for asking him. They reached Mr Johnson’s room and a nurse told them he has had a cardiac arrest.
“We can’t wait any longer. We need to operate – now. Could you please call the OR?” Dr Shepherd allocated her and helped preparing the patient for the OR.
“Move on” Derek said to Meredith “or don’t you want to assist me?”
“I do” she answered and followed him.

The gallery above the OR was completely full. Meredith was quite nervous. It was her first operation and everyone was watching her. She wasn’t even sure whether Shepherd knew about it. Meredith hadn’t have had any experiences she could have had compared it to but that feeling was amazing. And it was even more amazing when Shepherd told her to come to the table for holding the brace. Of course Meredith knew he was one of the world’s best surgeons but seriously, that man was a genie! Everything went well. After two hours and 24 minutes it was over.
“That was amazing” Meredith lauded him and washed her hands.
“Have you ever been on a surgery before?” Derek asked her.
“No, I haven’t” she confessed and asked herself whether he had noticed.
“Don’t ever forget that feeling. It’s like your first kiss. It’s such a high, like you’re on drugs, you turn the world around you off. All you’re thinking about is how to save your patient. That feeling is something special. Keep it and you’ll be a great surgeon” he advised her.
That was one of those moments you don’t know what to say. Should she just say thank you and leave? She thought he was like all the other surgeons she’d met before. Like her mother. But he wasn’t. He knew he was talented but after all this time he kept on being a human and not a surgery-machine.
“Derek?” Dr Webber entered the room “Oh, Dr Grey, congratulations to your first surgery. You got your talent from your mother” Four, if they are sleeping, do not wake them unless the patient is actually dying. The dying patient better not be dead when they get there, because not only will you have killed someone, you will have woken them for no good reason.
“Thank you Dr Webber. Excuse me” Meredith said and left the room.
“Her mother?” Derek asked confused but then he realized “Is she Ellis Grey’s daughter?”
“She is” Richard confirmed and then started talking about the Seattle Grace but Derek didn’t really listen, he just nodded now and then.

“I wish my mother was a surgeon” Cristina complained.
“You’re not the only one who hasn’t been on the OR yet” Izzie clarified.
“Yes but… “she’d probably wanted to say, that she had studied in Harvard and Berkley but stopped as she’d recognized Meredith “You’re such a lucky girl”
“I am” Meredith confirmed and smirked.
“Congratulations Meredith” Izzie congratulated “Are you joining us? We’re going to Joe’s”
“Yes, I’ll meet you there” Meredith responded and changed her clothes after they had left.

“Are you leaving?” Grey asked friendly when she met Dr Shepherd.
“I am” he confirmed smiling.
“Listen, I’m sorry. I’m usually not that impolite” Meredith apologized.
“Don’t worry” he said “But seriously I didn’t try to re-embarrass you”
“So… you really like ferryboats?” she smirked.
“I do” he assured.
“And uhm why have you chosen me?” Meredith wanted to know.
“Because Dr Webber recommended you” Derek explained.
“Have a nice flight” She still was a little bit astonished about Webber recommending her.
“It was nice to meet you, Dr Grey” Dr Shepherd added and stepped into the elevator. Richard was probably already waiting.

“Thank you, Derek. We couldn’t have had saved Mr Johnson without you”, Webber thanked and recognized Derek was grinning, “Did I say something funny?”
“No, you didn’t. I was just wondering when you’re finally going to ask me whether I’d like to work at Seattle Grace”, Derek answered.
“Actually I wanted to when you arrived. But after ten years asking you, I realized, you won’t ever leave New York just because I’m begging”, Richard explained and sighted.
Derek nodded and smiled friendly, “Greet Adele from me”
“I will. And Derek? My offer still exists” Chief Webber smirked.
Derek turned around and left the Seattle Grace.

When he arrived at the airport they suggested him to take the earlier flight back to New York. He’d better refused but he hadn’t. He took the earlier flight, bought flowers and a bottle of vine for his wife, and then took a taxi home. As soon as Derek had opened the door, he knew, something had been different. Then he noticed a jacket. A men’s jacket. But it didn’t belong to him. He went up the stairs because he had heard a noise, and stopped as he had arrived the bedroom. Derek couldn’t believe what he saw. The bottle of vine fell immediately down and broke. He turned around and left.
“Damn!” his wife cursed, putted a shirt on and followed him, “Derek! Wait! You can’t just go! Derek!”
“No, you can’t tell me what I can do. Not you. Not anymore”, he yelled at her, “I am leaving. And this marriage is over. I want the divorce”
“No, please… Don’t leave. We need to talk. Please don’t just leave me. I’m your wife, please. It was just one time… and I don’t even know how it happened, he was just there and I...” Addison begged desperately and cried.
“There’s nothing to talk about, Addison. You were my wife, until you’d decided to sleep with my best friend”, Derek tried to keep calm but he couldn’t.
“Derek, no… no…don’t, please”, Addison was still begging but her husband didn’t even look at her and left their house.

“Richard? I take up the job. I’m moving to Seattle tonight”, Derek putted his cell phone back into his jacket and got on a taxi, “JFK please” And rule number five. When they move, you move.

Werbung:
AW: [Grey's Anatomy] - The survival of the fittest (Wettbewerbsbeitrag)

Die Geschichte ist wirklich wunderschön.. ich hatte bisher noch keine Zeit sie zu lesen,a ber jetzt hab ich mir doch mal die Zeit genommen und ich war sehr angenehm überrascht - nicht, weil ich dachte du könntest keine guten Stories schreiben, sondern weil ich normalerweise keine Grey's-FFs mag ^^ irgendwie hab ich da immer das Gefühl, dass die der Serie und vor allem den Charas nicht gerecht werden, dass die Charaktere total anders handeln, als sie es in der Serie getan hätten. Aber wie gesagt, ich war sehr angenehm überrascht.. du hast ne tolle Geschichte hingekriegt, die flüssig zu lesen war. Sie ist verständlich, den Charas treu und auch das Englisch kam mir einwandfrei vor :)

gibt es eine Chance, dass es ein zweites Kapitel geben wird? :D

lg syd

Werbung:
AW: [Grey's Anatomy] - The survival of the fittest (Wettbewerbsbeitrag)

Vielen Dank für dein FB, syd :D Ich freu mich, dass dir meine FF so gut gefällt. Ja, das mit dem Englisch ist so ne Sache, ich schreib einfach nach Gefühl und hab eigentlich keine Ahnung ob die Grammatik korrekt ist oder nicht, diesmal hab ich wohl Glück gehabt ^^

Die Chance auf ein zweites Kapitel besteht definitiv. Ich weiss jedoch noch nicht, ob ich das zweite Kapitel nach der Vorgabe des FanFiction-Wettbewerbs schreiben soll oder nicht, denn die neue Vorgabe klingt ziemlich schwierig, bzw. hab ich noch nie eine Parodie / Satire geschrieben :S

Danke nochmals und lg
Steph

Zurück
Oben